Our quarterly omnibus survey was introduced in 2008 in conjunction with MarketMetrics. It provides a fast, reliable and very cost-efficient market research option for clients to meet a range of information needs and objectives.
This study adopts an online methodology with a sample of 1,200 people aged 18+ residing in the mainland states who use the internet. Research participants are sourced from a reputable online research panel specialist firm (MyOpinions) with quality accreditation in this field. The sample provides a good representation of the population and is weighted to the latest Census data by age, gender and location.
The omnibus fee is based on a per question basis, with demographics asked free.
Sample Location Details
By State the following sample sizes are sought:
The following demographics are collected at no extra cost to clients:
|Work Status||Household income|
|Marital status / Lifecycle stage||NESB/ATSI background|
Costs (Applicable for 2013)
The following rates apply for closed questions. Open-ended questions attract an additional fee for coding of $500 each. These rates do not include GST.
|No. of Questions:||National||One State|
|3-5||$800 each||$400 each|
|6 plus||$600 each||$300 each|
Costs allow for:
- all or most people responding to the question(s) asked;
- standard demographics listed above included;
- and cross-tabulated results are provided in a PDF format as well as an SPSS data file of the numeric responses (if requested).
Timing and Provision of Results
- 7 days notice required of decision to participate.
- Questions must be finalised 5 days before fieldwork.
- Results will be available in cross-tabulated form within one week of fieldwork ending (depending on number of open-ended questions requiring coding).
- Verbatim responses to open-ended questions can be provided in Excel format.
- A length limit of 50 questions is placed on each omnibus survey (excluding demographics).
- Survey will run only if a minimum of 20 questions are asked (excluding demographics).
- Interpretative reports can be supplied for a fee to be individually quoted.
- Costs can be provided for clients desiring sampling of 2-4 States.
Feedback from research participants:
Since the beginning of 2012, we've been asking Australians who have participated in our omnibus survey to provide feedback about it (at the conclusion of the survey) and the overall consensus has been consistently positive. Here is a selection of comments we have received (anonymously):
"Very easy survey to do, unlike some."
"One of the easiest, relevant surveys I have completed."
"I found this a very interesting survey. It's nice that someone is showing concerns about these issues."
"An interesting survey. There should be more like this which is relevant to the people in general who live in this country."
"I enjoyed that survey. Well presented and very easy to follow. Great questions too."
"Very tidy, enjoyable, interesting, terse survey - thanks. I like the automatic next page facility - it saves time. You create very user friendly surveys which is appreciated (some are dreadful). Well done."